Work for a BC Top Employer 2021!
Jacob Bros Construction is now hiring a Project Manager - Buildings (Tenant Improvement & Residential Focus).
To qualify for this position, you will have a minimum of 3 years local experience holding the job title Project Manager for a General Contractor, and a proven track record of successfully delivering buildings projects with a focus on Tenant Improvement and residential luxury custom speculative home projects.
You will be currently living in the Greater Vancouver area at the time of application, and available for in-person interviews if selected.
- Provides leadership for company Safety and Quality programs and monitors safety performance of project team and subcontractors
- Leverages expert understanding of project management fundamentals to manage all contractual obligations, project milestones, subcontract administration, costs and schedules for complete project cycle
- Meets all goals and objectives for project performance as related to project controls cost management, schedule, quality and project status by providing overall direction and leadership to the project team
- Negotiates successfully and represents all project matters on behalf of the company
- Assists with project start-up activities, pre-commissioning or commissioning, and overall project closeout as required
- Manages and supervises project document control and construction submittals (e.g. Traffic Plans, Site Safety Plans, Quality Control Plans, change orders, RFIs, shop drawings, etc.)
- Inspects job site to ensure construction is performed in compliance to all specifications; takes action to correct deficiencies expediently
- Inspects subcontractor work to ensure compliance with design, quality and schedule
- Develops and maintains construction schedule; ensures overall schedule and work are completed on time
- Collaborates with Superintendents to plan, schedule and organize material and equipment deliveries and ensure accurate inventory tracking
- Develops and maintains excellent working stakeholder relationships with the client, engineering design team, and field staff to plan, execute and problem solve
- Communicates openly and effectively with all stakeholders to ensure project scope, schedule and budget are clearly defined and understood
- Demonstrates strong understanding of contract documents
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum three (3) years experience as a Buildings Project Manager in a mid-tier general contracting environment
- Proven track record of successfully delivering Tenant Improvement and luxury custom speculative home projects
- Bachelor’s Degree or Diploma in Construction Management, Civil Engineering or a related discipline is preferred
- Expert knowledge of construction methods, techniques, drawings, standards, specifications, health & safety, quality
- Expert user of project control software applications, including AutoCAD, MS Project and Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to read, understand and interpret contract documents, drawings, specifications, scopes of work and project schedule
- Demonstrated planning, organizational and time management skills with demonstrated ability to multitask and prioritize work
- Demonstrated flexibility and ability to work in a fast-paced environment with multiple competing priorities
- Excellent English verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Legally entitled to work for any employer in Canada
About Jacob Bros:
- Competitive compensation packages
- Group Medical, Extended Health and Dental Plan
- Matched RRSP contribution
- Three weeks vacation
- New 50,000 square foot office and maintenance facility in South Surrey with full gym and on-site personal trainer
- 5 Year Service Award (Trip for two anywhere in North America)
- Eligibility for $1000 Referral Bonus Program
- Winner BC’s Top Employer 2021
- Family owned business managed by hands on founders
Jacob Bros is a mid-sized, multi-disciplinary Canadian General Contractor specializing in heavy civil and commercial construction. A privately held firm, our principals are actively involved in the daily operations of the company. We self-perform much of the work we contract in order to maintain control of schedule, quality and cost. We are accountable for the outcome of every project.
Jacob Bros owns a large fleet of modern equipment and continually reinvests in order to stay current and satisfy ever-changing project demands. We are a client-based business - we know that projects come and go, but strong relationships endure.
Jacob Bros operates an open shop, free enterprise business. Our offices are located in Surrey, BC with a satellite office in Duncan, on Vancouver Island.
We thank all applicants for their interest in careers with Jacob Bros. Due to high volumes of applicants, only those selected for consideration will be contacted by a member of our hiring team.