Work for a BC Top Employer 2021!
Jacob Bros Construction is immediately hiring a multi-skilled Handyman/Maintenance Person to maintain, renovate and repair commercial rental properties.
A valid driver's license is a mandatory requirement, and a company vehicle will be provided. Both full-time and part-time positions are available.
- Permanent employment
- Earn overtime after 8 hours per day, and double time after 12 hours per day
- Group Medical, Extended Health and Dental Plan
- Group RRSP contribution
- Vacation pay
- 5 Year Service Award (Trip for two anywhere in North America)
- Eligibility for up to $2000.00 Referral Bonus Program
- Responsible for light maintenance and repairs related to general carpentry, both rough and finish
- Assists with minor electrical, plumbing or HVAC repairs
- Completes repairs related to drywall, patching and caulking
- Undertakes bathroom and kitchen upgrades and remodels
- Completes interior and exterior painting
- Identifies and reports the need for major repairs
- Repairs equipment or appliances as required
- Coordinates and supervises subcontractors and other service personnel
- Responsible for landscape maintenance
About Jacob Bros:
- 3+ years experience as a Handyman in the residential and commercial construction industries
- Skilled user of hardware tools and electrical equipment
- Basic understanding of electrical, plumbing and HVAC systems
- Attention to detail and proven ability to deliver high quality maintenance and repairs
- Strong problem solver and track record of strong organization on construction sites
- Ability to work inside and outside in varying weather conditions
- Ability to repeatedly lift, stand, bend, crouch and carry up to 75 pounds
- Must be legally eligible to work for any employer in Canada
Jacob Bros is a mid-sized, multi-disciplinary Canadian General Contractor specializing in heavy civil and commercial construction. A privately held firm, our principals are actively involved in the daily operations of the company. We self-perform much of the work we contract in order to maintain control of schedule, quality and cost. We are accountable for the outcome of every project.
Jacob Bros owns a large fleet of modern equipment and continually reinvests in order to stay current and satisfy ever-changing project demands. We are a client-based business - we know that projects come and go, but strong relationships endure.
Jacob Bros operates an open shop, free enterprise business. Our offices are located in Surrey, BC with a satellite office in Duncan, on Vancouver Island.