Work for a BC Top Employer 2021!
Jacob Bros Construction is now hiring a Civil Estimator.
The successful candidate will have prior experience working for a General Contractor preparing estimates for civil works, including earthworks, utilities, concrete and infrastructure projects. This position is 100% office based.
Reporting to the Senior Estimator, the Civil Estimator uses estimating software to perform quantity take offs, cost analysis, sub-trade negotiations, competitive bid management and document control. The Civil Estimator supports full-cycle estimating activities for preparing hard bid, cost plus and design build estimates.
- Prepares complete estimates for projects (full-cycle bid process), including analyzing specifications, proposals and other documentation
- Assists in devising potential bid strategies for competitive tender projects, provides technical input regarding project and contract risks
- Accurately determines scopes of work and conceptual estimates by drawing on past experience, reviewing proposal specifications, drawings and attending pre-bid meetings
- Calculates complete takeoff of scopes of work, including material quantity requirements from engineering drawings
- Assists in review of final estimate to ensure alignment with project schedule and cost goals
- Assists with design review options and recommends best solution based on cost, engineering quality, or availability of materials
- Researches and recommends vendors and subcontractors to achieve pursuit and cost goals
- Recommends new approaches and ideas to drive continuous improvement within the Estimating department
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Construction Management or related field required
- 2+ years experience in the civil construction industry, estimating or cost control required
- Knowledge of HCSS Heavy Bid Estimating Software, familiarity with CAD and MS Project Suite
- Advanced knowledge of local construction materials and techniques
- Demonstrated history of successful bid results in a deadline driven, fast-paced environment
- Must be legally eligible to work for any employer in Canada
About Jacob Bros:
- Winner BC’s Top Employer 2021
- Family owned business managed by hands on founders
- Competitive compensation packages
- Group Medical, Extended Health and Dental Plan
- Matched RRSP contribution
- Three weeks vacation
- New 50,000 square foot office and maintenance facility in South Surrey with full gym and on-site personal trainer
- 5 Year Service Award (Trip for two anywhere in North America)
- Eligibility for up to $2000.00 Referral Bonus Program
Jacob Bros is a mid-sized, multi-disciplinary Canadian General Contractor specializing in heavy civil and buildings construction. A privately held firm, our principals are actively involved in the daily operations of the company. We self-perform much of the work we contract in order to maintain control of schedule, quality and cost. We are accountable for the outcome of every project.
Jacob Bros owns a large fleet of modern equipment and continually reinvests in order to stay current and satisfy ever-changing project demands. We are a client-based business - we know that projects come and go, but strong relationships endure.
Jacob Bros operates an open shop, free enterprise business. Our offices are located in Surrey, BC with a satellite office on Vancouver Island.
We thank all applicants for their interest in careers with Jacob Bros. Due to high volumes of applicants, only those selected for consideration will be contacted by a member of our hiring team.