Work for a BC Top Employer 2021!
Jacob Bros Construction is now hiring a Project Coordinator - Civil Construction
The successful candidate will have prior work or co-op experience as a Project Coordinator delivering heavy civil construction projects.
(Infrastructure, earthworks, utilities, concrete, etc.)
This position is 100% site based.
About the Role:
The Project Coordinator reports to the Project Manager and assists with planning, organization and direction of construction projects in the heavy civil discipline.
- Maintains project document control including daily reports, RFIs, shop drawings, changes, billing and daily labor timesheets
- Assists Superintendent with operational tasks including preparation of work plans and packages, scheduling updates, updating drawings, and supervision of subcontractor operations
- Supervises field operations and plans, schedules and coordinates work on the job site
- Assists with implementing and monitoring Quality and Safety Plans, including participation in job site safety reviews, toolbox meetings, and safety training
- Assists in the preparation of purchase orders, subcontracts and generation of change orders
- Performs basic engineering calculations and assists in interpretations of drawings and specifications for field crews
- Orders, schedules and tracks material deliveries to job site
- Performs other duties as required
- Bachelor’s Degree or post-secondary training in Construction Management, Civil Engineering or a related discipline
- Minimum of 1 year Project Coordinator experience with a General Contractor on heavy civil construction projects
- Ability to communicate effectively with supervisors, project teams and subtrades
- Strong knowledge of construction specifications, methods and procedures
- Working knowledge of scheduling, estimating and subcontracts
- Proficient user of project control software applications, including AutoCAD, MS Project and Microsoft Office Suite
- Strong English communication skills, both verbal and written
- Legally entitled to work for any employer in Canada
About Jacob Bros:
- Competitive compensation packages
- Group Medical, Extended Health and Dental Plan
- Matched RRSP contribution
- Three weeks vacation
- New 50,000 square foot office and maintenance facility in South Surrey with full gym and on-site personal trainer
- 5 Year Service Award (Trip for two anywhere in North America)
- Eligibility for up to $2000.00 Referral Bonus Program
- Winner BC’s Top Employer 2021
- Family owned business managed by hands on founders
Jacob Bros is a mid-sized, multi-disciplinary Canadian General Contractor specializing in heavy civil and commercial construction. A privately held firm, our principals are actively involved in the daily operations of the company. We self-perform much of the work we contract in order to maintain control of schedule, quality and cost. We are accountable for the outcome of every project.
Jacob Bros owns a large fleet of modern equipment and continually reinvests in order to stay current and satisfy ever-changing project demands. We are a client-based business - we know that projects come and go, but strong relationships endure.
Jacob Bros operates an open shop, free enterprise business. Our offices are located in Surrey, BC with a satellite office in Duncan, on Vancouver Island.
We thank all applicants for their interest in careers with Jacob Bros. Due to high volumes of applicants, only those selected for consideration will be contacted by a member of our hiring team.
No agencies please.