Jacob Bros Construction is now hiring a Buildings Superintendent
for projects throughout the lower mainland.
To qualify for this position, you will be a multi-disciplinary Superintendent with a minimum of 5 years local experience managing institutional, commercial, industrial and residential projects with contract values up to $20M.
No agencies please.
- Supervises construction workforce and oversees on-site construction activities to construct the project effectively, safely and within budget
- Hires, trains, supervises and mentors craft personnel; oversees subcontractors and manages the work
- Develops and maintains open communication with crews, trades, project team and clients to ensure project performance, safety and quality requirements are met
- Prepares work plans and scheduling to determine manpower levels, material quantities, and equipment requirements
- Monitors and executes the project construction plan; develops and implements job schedules and three week look ahead schedules
- Leads effective site meetings with craft, trades, project teams and client
- Examines field conditions, corrects inaccuracies and implements cost saving measures
- Understands project scope and applies engineering principles to troubleshoot and resolve challenges
- Collaborates with Project Manager to implement safety program and maintain all safety documentation
- Maintains project administration correspondence, complies with all project documentation requirements
- Develops strong relationships with all project stakeholders
- Minimum 5 years of supervisory experience as a site Superintendent in the buildings sector
- Expert understanding of buildings construction industry and business operations, including cost management processes and reports, construction specifications and methods, contract language, and project planning and schedules
- Ability to understand scope of work and project schedule and interpret drawings, specifications and contract documents
- Excellent leadership and supervisory skills and ability to communicate positively and effectively with all levels of stakeholders
- Strong knowledge of safety and environmental procedures and legislation
- Knowledge of Provincial Building Codes and Building Envelope
- Working knowledge of computers and experience using Microsoft Office Suite, MS Project or internal project controls software and scheduling software
- Ability to work a varied schedule, including night shifts as required
- Legally eligible to work for any employer in Canada
- No rotations or LOA will be given
About Jacob Bros:
Jacob Bros is a mid-sized, multi-disciplinary Canadian General Contractor specializing in heavy civil and commercial construction. A privately held firm, our principals are actively involved in the daily operations of the company. We self-perform much of the work we contract in order to maintain control of schedule, quality and cost. We are accountable for the outcome of every project.
Jacob Bros owns a large fleet of modern equipment and continually reinvests in order to stay current and satisfy ever-changing project demands. We are a client-based business - we know that projects come and go, but strong relationships endure.
Jacob Bros operates an open shop, free enterprise business. Our offices are located in Surrey, BC with a satellite office in Duncan, on Vancouver Island.
We thank all applicants for their interest in careers with Jacob Bros. Due to high volumes of applicants, only those selected for consideration will be contacted by a member of our hiring team.