Jacob Bros Construction is hiring a Survey Assistant
for the Centerm Expansion and South Shore Access Project
in Vancouver, BC.
Shifts are typically 10 hour days, 5-6 days per week.
- Assists surveyors with accurately recording measurements, data, layout and quality control
- Prepares field notes, reports and survey documents as required
- Reads and interprets construction blueprints, field drawings and plans
- Other labour duties as assigned
- Six (6) months of experience as a Survey Assistant in the construction industry
- Previous work experience in the civil construction industry a strong asset
- Technical diploma in Geomatics, Engineering, Construction or a related field an asset
- Total Station and Topcon experience an asset
- Must be legally eligible to work for any employer in Canada
- No rotations or LOA will be given
- Full-time, permanent employment (approximately 50 hours per week)
- Overtime rate after 8 hours per day or 40 hours per week
- Double time rate after 12 hours per day
- Group Medical, Extended Health and Dental Plan
- Hourly Group RRSP contribution
- Vacation pay
- 5 Year Service Award (Trip for two anywhere in North America)
- Eligibility for $500 Referral Bonus Program
The Centerm Expansion Project and South Shore Access Project includes a series of improvements to the existing container terminal as well as port-area roads along the south shore of the Burrard Inlet. Works include a reconfiguration of the terminal to accommodate an increase in container traffic, a new overpass, dredging work and restoration of a marine habitat.
About Jacob Bros:
Jacob Bros is a mid-sized, multi-disciplinary Canadian General Contractor specializing in heavy civil and commercial construction. A privately held firm, our principals are actively involved in the daily operations of the company. We self-perform much of the work we contract in order to maintain control of schedule, quality and cost. We are accountable for the outcome of every project.
Jacob Bros owns a large fleet of modern equipment and continually reinvests in order to stay current and satisfy ever-changing project demands. We are a client-based business - we know that projects come and go, but strong relationships endure.
Jacob Bros operates an open shop, free enterprise business. Our offices are located in Surrey, BC with a satellite office in Langford, on Vancouver Island.